Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 Round-up, 2014 plans

I was going to write a whole post about 2013 and 2014, but I just spent the last two days fixing my laptop, so my brain is a little fried. So instead, here's some random data/observations about 2013:

  • with the blog, I wrote as few as 14 posts a month or as many as 40 a month;
  • I started three reading-related blog projects:
    • a re-reading of Cordwainer Smith (not finished at 4 posts), 
    • a reading of Paolo Bacigalupi's short fiction (finished at 6 posts), 
    • and a reading of the Library of America's Story of the Week (208! posts and ongoing);
  • I set and continued a twice-weekly blogging schedule that I like and will keep to;
  • I started and stopped an audio fiction review--partly because I was too swamped with audio fiction and partly because I've become more interested in film and TV writing;
  • I successfully completed NaNoWriMo for the first time;
  • I wrote almost every day, except for the last few days of December when I decided to stop doing the Magic Spreadsheet method, but I learned a bunch about my average writing and my optimal writing condition;
  • I went to WorldCon and went to Austin for the YA book fest;
  • I audited a class on programming for games here, as well as doing an online course on Java.
Upcoming plans include a scouting trip out to LA to see if I think it's livable; and more and more writing; with maybe some more work put into computer programming issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment